Comment, compliment or complain

We are committed to providing a first class service to all our customers and aim to get things right first time.

When we review our service delivery, it’s helpful for us to know from our customers what innovations or services you liked, as well as where we let you down. So we’d like to hear all your views, good and bad.

When we get things right

Please let us know what aspects of our services you found beneficial or particularly liked.

When things go wrong

We realise there may be times when we make mistakes which could result in you being dissatisfied. Please tell us if this happens and let us know why you are unhappy with our services. We can only correct what went wrong and improve what we do if we are aware there is a problem. In some cases, a chat with a member of our staff may resolve the issue. However if your complaint is more serious, we have a formal procedure in place to allow us to deal with any complaints fairly and efficiently.

Making a complaint

The aim of our Comments, Compliments & Complaints Policy is to provide a clear outline of how we deal with complaints and to ensure every complaint is addressed in a structured manner.

The information leaflet on our Comments, Compliments & Complaints Policy, as well as the Comments & Compliments Form and the Complaint Form are available to download.

You can also request copies of these publications, as well as a copy of our full Comments, Compliments & Complaints Policy, by telephoning our office on 01563 557000.

Who can complain?

Complaints can be made by anyone who has received or requested a service from Choice Places, including:

  • tenants
  • applicants for housing
  • owner occupiers
  • other residents in our estates

You can also ask someone such as your local Councillor or MSP to act on your behalf.

What can you complain about?

You can complain about any aspect of service which you are dissatisfied with, such as:

  • failure to provide a service
  • delay in providing a service
  • poor quality service
  • staff or contractor attitudes
  • unfairness, prejudice or discrimination

How to make a complaint

Complaints can be made either verbally or in writing. It’s important we fully understand the nature of your complaint, so even if you do make it verbally, our staff will write it down and send you a copy.

Stage 1

If we receive a complaint, we will formally record it and decide how it will be handled. If we believe we can respond quickly and to your satisfaction, we will do so within 5 working days.

Stage 2

If you remain unhappy with the outcome after Stage 1 OR we believe your complaint is complicated or requires detailed investigation, we will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days. We will provide the decision as soon as possible, but not later than 20 working days, unless there is a clear reason for extending this timescale.

Independent Review

If you are still unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you have the right under Section 17 of the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011 to make an application to the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber).


The First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) will try to resolve complaints and disputes between home owners and property factors. After we have fully investigated and given you a final response to your complaint, if you are still dissatisfied with our decision or the way we dealt with your complaint, you can ask the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) to consider it.


Before considering a complaint, the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) will expect you to advise them that we have refused to resolve your concerns, or have unreasonably delayed attempting to resolve them. They will also expect you to have notified us in writing why you consider we have failed to carry out our duties.


For more details on the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber):

4th Floor

1 Atlantic Quay

45 Robertson Street


G2 8JB

Tel: 0141 302 5900

Fax: 0141 302 5901